Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Bangalore was founded in 1980 on the tenets of promoting quality medical education. The institute was founded by Vokkaligara Sangha. The institute is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore. The institute is in constant pursuit of educational excellence since its outset. The college nurtures the philosophy of being always devoted to the service.
The college imparts superlative training to medical students in an attempt to outsource the teams of competent healthcare professionals. The college extracts the clinical skills of the students and molds them into the definition of professionalism. The college takes optimum efforts to ensure that the students are learning all the ethics and morals required to set about an ideal career in medicine.
The college instills in the students the concept of Self-learning thus paving their way to pursue higher research in their favorite areas. KIMS has been recognized by various reputable worldwide councils. KIMS has been recognized by General Medical Council (UK), World Health Organization (WHO) and The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London apart from the Medical Council of India (MCI).
The Preclinical and Para-Clinical Departments of KIMS are located in Banashankari 2nd Stage near BDA Complex, Bangalore. The Clinical Departments and KIMS Hospital are located at the KIMS Hospital KR Road, VV Puram (Bangalore). The College has helped over 4000 students to secure their fruitful career in Medicine and Healthcare Domains. KIMS has been ranked 24 amongst 300+ Medical colleges in India. The Multi-Specialty Hospital offering Tertiary Medical Care and Community Health Services serves as the Academic Hospital (Teaching Hospital) to KIMS.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Course:
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on 31st December of the Year of Admission.
- The Candidate should have passed 12th Standard with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English as one of the subjects.
- The candidates belonging to OBC, SC / ST of Karnataka must secure 40% of the Total Marks.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals, NRI and People of Indian Origin:
- The candidates should furnish the appropriate documents to prove their NRI / Foreign Status.
- The candidate should furnish the Eligibility Certificate from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) to pursue Medical Education in Karnataka.
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the Year of Admission.
- Candidate should have passed 12th standard or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects.
Note: The seat allotment, including the seats of NRI / Management Quota, depends upon the merit through Online Counseling conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
PG Medical Courses:
Eligibility Criteria for PG Medical Courses:
- It’s mandatory for the candidate to secure a ‘’Qualified’’ score in the PG Medical Entrance Test conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi.
- The candidate should have completed MBBS Degree from any reputable institute / college recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and affiliated to any of the lawfully established Universities in India.
- The candidate must have completed a compulsory ‘Rotational Internship’ on or before 31st March of the Year of Admission.
Note: The Seat Allotment depends mainly upon the suitability of the candidature and the valid score obtained by the candidate in NEET PG conducted by the NBE, New Delhi.