St. John’s Medical College (SJMC) was founded in the year 1963, by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India (CBCI) with a view to promote the concept of rational medical education. The college has been benefited by the participatory efforts of sensible faculty members and sharp students since its outset. The formative years of the college witnessed enormous amount of contribution made by many eminent personalities from the medical sector. The college is committed to responsibly serve the poor ones.
The college is prominent as being the largest Nongovernmental contributor to healthcare in India. The college is hallowed by the visits of many eminent personalities including Pope Paul VI, VV Giri former President of India. The college currently sprawls across a 140 acre campus in Koramangala, Bangalore. The St. Martha’s hospital was the academic hospital (Clinical Facility) of the College in its formative years.
The year 1975 saw the foundation of St. John’s Medical College Hospital which became the Academic Hospital of the college. The college has been ranked consistently as one of the top 10 Medical Colleges in India. National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has granted 5 star Grades to the college for its excellent academics and impeccable functionality.
The college promotes experiential learning experience alongside a stack of opportunities to fathom the importance of the career in the medical / healthcare sector. The college pays a hearty tribute to the professionals who transformed SJMC into a Mecca of quality Medical Education. The college has emerged as one of the dream destinations for the aspirants looking for a vibrant career in the healthcare sector.
The SJMC reserves MBBS seats for a variety of categories including Roman Catholic Christian Religious Sisters (Nuns), Brothers, Priests, Roman Catholic Christian Tribes, Roman Catholic Christian Dalits, Native North Indian Roman Catholic Christians, Roman Catholic Christians of Karnataka State, Roman Catholic Christians under All India Open Merit and Differently able Roman Catholic Christians.
UG Medical Courses:
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Course:
- The candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on or before 31st December of the Year of Admission.
- The candidates should have completed their 12th standard with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English as one of the subjects.
- The candidates belonging to the OBC / SC / ST must obtain 40% Minimum marks.
Note: The Seat Allotment including the seats of NRI / Management Quota depends upon the merit obtained by the candidate in NEET UG and the counseling conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
PG Medical Courses:
Eligibility Criteria for PG Medical Courses:
- It’s mandatory for the candidate to obtain a ‘Qualified’ score in the PG Medical Entrance Exam conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi.
- The candidates should have completed their MBBS from any of the reputable colleges / institutes recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and affiliated to any of the lawfully established Universities in India.
- The candidates should have completed a compulsory ‘Rotational Internship’ as on or before 31st March of the Year of Admission.
Note: The Seat Allotment mainly depends upon the Suitability of the candidature and the valid score obtained by the candidate in NEET PG conducted by the NBE, New Delhi.